I am confused about what I should do after completing B. Tech. Please guide me about the various options based on my personality.
You have chosen the perfect time to assess what you should do. Generally, students make elaborate plans regarding their career but don’t stick to them later on. Some do not worry about what they are going to do until it’s too late.
Your options on completion of B. Tech are many; I am listing them below.
- You can appear for GATE. This exam will open your avenues to M. Tech and MS. The exam is based on your knowledge of B. Tech course. If your sound technical knowledge, definitely appear for this exam.
- Engineering Services Exam (ESE) is similar to GATE but it also comprises of a non-technical test. Appear for this test if you eye Govt Jobs such as defence, railways, PWD, etc. My advice to you is to prepare for both, GATE and ESE as they provide ample opportunities to candidates.
- Various PSUs conduct their independent exams. The exam pattern is similar to that of GATE and ESE.
- If you wish to pursue PG in management, appear for CAT/XAT/MAT. These are entry level tests for doing MBA from reputed colleges such as IIMs, SP Jain, XLRI. If you do not have much inclination towards technical jobs, then doing a management course help you grab a job in banking, finance, data analytics, etc.
- GRE/IELTS are entry level tests for admission in foreign universities in MS program. These tests are conducted to check your knowledge of English language. At the time of admission, your academic background along with GRE/IELTS score is verified.
- You have the option to appear for Banking PO/SSC exams. The vacancies in these are at an all time high. The exams are conducted to check reasoning, numeric ability, GK, computer applications, and English.
Choose wisely the option that suits you the best and then work on it with full dedication. Good luck!