I need to know about crash courses after civil engineering that will make a perfect choice for me. Which courses are in high demand across India after Graduation?
Rather than running after the courses that are highly demanded you should focus on the kind of work you love doing most. So if you want to remain in the field related to Civil Engineering, you can pursue M.Tech. in following sub fields. You should do M.Tech. only from top institutes like IITs and NITs.
M.Tech Courses after Civil Engineering
- Construction Technology & Management
- Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Rock Engineering and Underground Structures
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Water Resources Engineering
- Research and Development
Apart from this National Institute of Construction Management offers many useful courses (Full time as well as distance courses) related to Civil Engineering. The institute offers following two-year, full-time Programmes (Admission in these programmes are based score in entrance tests, group discussions and personal interviews)
Other Post Graduate Courses after Civil Engineering
- Advanced Construction Management,
- Project Engineering and Management,
- Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure Management
- Infrastructure Finance, Development and Management.
The institutes also offers following post graduate programs through distance mode:
Distance Learning Courses after Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Infrastructure Development and Management
Short term courses (1-year) are offered in following areas
- Construction Project Management
- Building Maintenance Management
- Construction Safety Management and Quality Surveying
These courses will definitely boost your career prospects after Civil Engineering.
You can also learn some software that will be of immense help during your job search. If you have learnt these programmes you can have awesome career prospects.
If you are interested in this field than you can do a short term course in Interior Designing and start your career in this field. This is a field where yo can enter easily but face immense competition to grow. However if you work hard for 2-3 years, you will have a great career ahead. The best of this field is you can start your business anytime without much investment.
I hope I have answered your query. Please reply on this thread if you have further questions on any of these or other points.