I’m a BSC(computer science) graduate from a good college and I would like to know the scope in PHP and Java language’s. Which one is more preferable in terms of a good salary?
And which courses should I do to increase my experience?
Both languages are great. Here is what should you know that will help you make a right decision:
- PHP is primarily used to develop websites specially CMS (Content Management Systems). Most WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. is use PHP as its core programming language.
- PHP is also used to develop web applications. However, with time its usage in enterprise software and web applications are limited due to availability of better frameworks.
- Java is still the most popular language for developing high-end enterprise software, web application and mobile apps.
- A large part of Android programming is taken from Java. Moreover, knowledge of Java will be useful in learning many other programming languages.
- Finally, Java programmers command a higher salaries as compared PHP professionals in the long term. (You can also find several instances where PHP professionals are highly paid. It is mainly due to their expert knowledge and experience).
So based on this, my recommendation will be Java, if you are not specifically enthusiastic about Web development. If you love web development then PHP, then you should prefer PHP.