Hello! I am preparing for IIT JAM Physics. Please tell me which books I should refer for my preparation.
For those who are preparing for IIT JAM Physics, you must have good books handy for your preparation. These are the books that should be on your desk.
IIT JAM is an all India competition exam which is specially conducted for those who have completed their B.Sc. in Physics and looking for a Masters in Physics from India’s top colleges – IITs and IISc.
Along with the IIT JAM course from some reputed institute, you can go for certain books which are good in theory and at the same time they provide a good number of quality questions to practice. The list of IIT JAM Physics books is given as:
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- Mathematical Physics by H.K. Das
Mechanics & General Properties of Matter
- Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner and Kolenkow
- Mechanics by D.S. Mathur
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
Oscillations, Wave and Optics
- Physics of Waves and Oscillations by N.K. Bajaj
- Optics by Ajoy Ghatak
Electricity and Magnetism
- Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths
Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics
- Thermodynamics by Garg, Bansal and Ghosh
- Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics and Thermal Physics by F. Reif.
Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Solid State Physics by Puri Babbar
- Semiconductor Physics by Streetman
- Electronic devices and circuit theory by Boylestad and Nashelsky
- Op-Amps and Linear Integrated Circuits by Ramakant A. Gayakwad
- Digital Fundamentals by Floyd
All the best..!!