I have just graduated in English Literature.I have been passionate for writing since my college days but due to lack of guidance I ended up in the middle of nowhere. I need career guidance in the field of content writing and the required skills to be a better content writer.
Dear Abhishek, you are at a particular advantage since you are a graduate in English and have a passion for writing. Content writing as a career option will be beneficial for you. All you need to do is move on in a systematic manner.
Tips to be a good Content Writer:
- First and foremost is the knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- You must have good research skills to be able to search and interpret the data.
- Originality is a prerequisite in content writing. You cannot simply copy and paste content. You have to access various sources and them present the data in your own form.
- To be a success content writer, master the various types of writing formats so that you do not get stuck while performing your job. For the same, various institutes offer courses on content writing.
- Knowledge of SEO is must so you can offer content that appears on top of search engine pages.
- Timeliness in content writing is of utmost importance since all the projects have a fixed deadline that you must meet.
Career in Content Writing:
Content writing offers a well paying job. As a staring salary, you will be offered anything between 15,000-30,000. It could be even more but totally depends on your expertise. As a content writer, you can develop your career in one, few or all of the following:
- Article writing
- Blog Writing
- Business writing
- Technical writing
- Creative writing
- Ghost writing
- SEO writing
- Web content writing
The opportunities in this field are endless. Brush up your skills and look for a job. As you will work on projects, you will be able to learn all the aspects of this domain.